06 Nov A to Z of Digital Marketing
Digital marketing contains all marketing efforts that use an electronic device or the internet. Businesses leverage digital channels such as search engines, social media, email, and their websites to connect with current and potential customers
There are several tactics that come under Online Marketing or Digital Marketing such as:
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- SMM (Social Media Marketing)
- SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
- PPC (Pay Per Click)
- Affiliate Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Content Marketing
Digital Marketing Tactics and Example:
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – SEO is one of the techniques used to improve traffic to a website through keywords by obtaining a high-rank placement in the Search Engine Results Page (SERP) such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo and others. There are two types of techniques used to improve website ranking in SERP called ON Page SEO and OFF Page SEO.
- ON Page SEO: Any changes that we do within our website, such as Meta Title, Meta Descriptions, Meta Tags, Content, URL Structure, Internal Linking, etc., for improving website ranking.
- OFF Page SEO: Off Page SEO techniques will help improve your website position in SERP but it is a long process which requires a continuous effort. It mainly focusses on link building outside the website.
- SMM (Social Media Marketing) – Social Media Marketing is a form of internet marketing that utilizes social media sites for marketing. It allows brands to engage with an online community about the company, its products and services.
- SEM (Search Engine Marketing) – It’s a form of Internet marketing that involves the promotion of websites, products and services by increasing their visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs) mainly through paid advertising.
- PPC (Pay Per Click) – It is also known as Cost Per Click (CPC). In this technique, advertisers pay the publisher (website owner) when the ad is clicked and it is used to generate direct traffic to the website through paid advertising.
- Affiliate Marketing – Essentially, affiliate marketing involves a merchant paying a commission to other online entities, known as affiliates, for referring new business or products to the merchant’s website. Affiliate marketing is performance-based, which means affiliates only get paid when their promotional efforts actually result in a transaction.
- Email Marketing – It is basically used to promote products and services through emails. Email marketing is one segment of internet marketing, but it is very potential for generating business leads and to develop relationships with customers and clients.
- Content Marketing – It consists of all the marketing activities that focus on creating and sharing information. It should be part of every SEO strategy, but it’s also crucial for branding. The idea of content marketing is that sharing valuable information is a great way to attract an audience and to build a brand.
- Digital Branding- Thеrе iѕ a dіffеrеnсе bеtwееn a brаnd nаmе, аnd a brаnd. Yоur brаnd name іѕ tаngіblе аnd реорlе can see іt, whіlе уоur brand, however, оnlу еxіѕtѕ in thе mind оf your сuѕtоmеrѕ – іt’ѕ whаt they thіnk of whеn they hear your name.
How Dіgіtаl Mаrkеtіng Impacts thе Grоwth оf Yоur Brаnd?
Impact оf digital marketing has nеvеr bееn mоrе important for brаnd dеvеlорmеnt – but this саn bе a strange and сhаllеngіng world for buѕіnеѕѕеѕ that are juѕt bеgіnnіng to dеvеlор their online рrеѕеnсе. In several wауѕ digital marketing can help your brand.
It is a huge blessing for any sort of business by delivering productive insights to the customer and accelerating the business revenues.
We have been at times when the information is restricted to radios, televisions and newspapers. But now, we are spending most of our time online rather than offline. There has been a considerable change among the people from the moment internet is on the storm. It is high time. Make your move toward Digital Marketing if reaching out to the customers is your ultimate thing in the business.